[dropcap]O[/dropcap]vercoming bad eating habits is one of the biggest challenges among millions of people living in USA and all over world. This is because many people try to shift their diet when results of their bad habits are already manifested in their life. On other hand, many people don’t know about their body type and exactly what they should not eat. But, in case you are serious about eating healthy and staying healthier than you need to change your eating habits. We, humans, are habit machines. We develop habit and then we repeat it, days after days, months after months and years after year. The problem is that most of our habits come from outside world. In other
words, we rarely choose out our own habits.
Otherwise many people are just purely skeptical about changing their unhealthy food eating habits will do any good to their current situation. Believe it or not! When you want to change your posture, diet, food quality and timing – start with forming good habits. Over time you learn new good habits and then you start eating healthy and become healthier. It is simple and easy to form new habits. Anyone can do it, but sometimes many people face it hard to leave out their old habits. Remember, you learn your old habits by repetition, you can use same theory in leaning new habits as well. Fixing old habits won’t work you need to transform your old habits into new ones.
Although eating healthy might feel like boring at first but once your transformation begins – you will start noticing how good you feel. Then overcoming craving and preference for bad-food will gradually fade away.
So, without any future delay here catch these six-step easy-to-follow lists and transform your bad eating habits into new healthier habits.
Ultimate Size Steps To Fix Eating Habits
- Baby Steps: First things first, breaking old habits is tough and it will take time.
And, creating healthier habits might take time. So, it is highly recommended to take
- Start with healthy food recipes
- Have around 5-8 hours of sleep each night
- Remember fatigue can lead to over-eating
- Eat more meals with family or your partner
- Teach yourself about your healthy food chart
- Reduce your portion size by at least 20%
- Avoid high-fat dairy products
- Use whole-grain breads
- Use mustard and not mayo
- Always use non-stick pans
- Use oil spray
- Try alternate cooking methods
- Drink more water
- Eat calorie-dense foods
- Flavour your food
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Become More Mindful: Next, take a step further toward destroying your bad eating habits. Pay attention to your eating and drinking habit “read food label and become familiar with lists of ingredients”, in other words, start noticing what you put into your mouth. Once you start doing it – you will notice a dramatic shift in your eating habits. You can also keep a healthy food chart.
- Make a Plan: Planning is key to break any bad habit whether it is related to eating or body posture. Start keeping more fruits and less fatty food on your diet. You can also keep different liquids, for example, coconut water, etc. to make your diet plan rich plethora of variety of food. Make sure to keep gentle exercise in your plan.
- Mini-Goals: The second key to keep going and achieving results is planning mini-goals. These goals are easy, more flexible and easier to keep up with. For example, during lunch just keep your diet to one sandwich without any sauce.
- Stay Realistic: Many people start with too many expectations. Slow yourself down and allow yourself to take a month or two to adapt to new habits. Remember slow and steady wins the race.
- Stress Management: “What you focus on become your reality” – use exercise, relaxation, and meditation to keep stress level to a minimum. Millions of people eat more when they are in stress.
One of most overlooked factors when it comes to weight loss or eliminating a bad habit of eating is sleep. You can use aforementioned tips and prepare your sleep routine to stay healthy and vibrant.